I had thought this would be a monthly feature, but it looks like quarterly might be a better rhythm for me. Here’s what’s happening for me right now:
This post contains affiliate links.
- Making: Things with yarn. Two cowls down and a shawl in progress. (Also sorting out all my half-finished projects).
- Cooking: Soups for us and meals for friends who need a little extra support.
- Drinking: Lots of hot herbal tea.
- Reading: I just finished The Best of American Travel Writing compilation from 2010 (I loved the long piece on a road trip through Siberia), and am starting The Orchardist. I’m diving in to Goodreads this year to track my reading, connect with me there!
- Wearing: Layers and layers as I’m all the time cold. I’m loving these Hue leggings that I wear under everything.
- Feeling: Relieved that we found Bean a great new preschool, but still sad that we had to leave her previous daycare and the best teacher ever.
- Needing: More sleep. Always more sleep.
- Listening to: Bon Iver and the Bloom True playlist on Spotify.
- Saying yes to right now: Going slowly, making only short lists.
- Saying no to right now: Trying to do all the things. Especially anything that starts with, “I should do….”
- Thinking about: What I want to create this year.
- Worrying about: Whether I need to have another surgery this spring.
- Noticing: The magnolia trees in crazy early bloom around town.
- Working toward: Plans for new products and an actual shop for this blog.
- Pinning: Lots of coloring pages and old posts to this Creative and Intentional Living board, which is my new favorite.
- Favorite thing Bean’s been doing: Giving me lots of kisses. She also blocks doorways and tells me I need to give her 66 kisses to get through. However many I give her, she always requires two more. Also, she been calling polka dots “poppa dots.”
- Least favorite thing Bean’s been doing: “I’m just going to do this very quickly…” while I’m trying to get her to do something else (she absolutely got that phrase and habit from me, so I’m working on cutting it out of my day, too.
- Finding most nurturing: Knitting in front of the fire in evening with my man at my side (and usually a cat between us).
- Dreaming about: A possible trip to Bali next fall.
- My favorite thing last month: That there are new episodes of Downton Abbey to watch!
- What I’m grateful for right now: That Bean had two years with Ashley. I realize how rare it is to find a truly exceptional teacher and I’m so grateful we connected with this one.
Want to play along? Copy my list and fill in your own answers or just pick a couple of categories that jump out at you. Post in the comments or share a link if you post it somewhere else. I want to hear what’s up with you, too!
You can find the rest of the Taking Stock posts here.