Soul-Fed Mama: Simplify One Thing
I love the Simplify 101 Weekly Quick Tip email I get from Aby Garvey. In last week’s email she talked about one simple change she made in her kitchen - moving her toaster off the counter and into her pantry - that made a huge difference in how she uses and enjoys her small kitchen.
[Tweet "Changing or eliminating one small thing can make all the difference."]
That got me thinking about other small - but profound - ways we can simplify our lives.
- Eliminate one activity from the family calendar each week.
- Choose to spend one holiday at home instead of traveling.
- Stop yelling.
- Hand over the camera to someone else.
- Simplify your wardrobe.
- Buy some groceries in bulk.
- Plan your dinners a week at a time.
- Create a space to catch keys, mail and shoes when you first enter the house so they stay put.
- Get off junk mail and telemarketer lists.
- Unsubscribe from holiday catalog mailing lists.
As I look over this list I see things that I’ve done in the past but have let go. I’m feeling the need for some simplification in my life right now, so I’m going to be re-implementing several things this week!What is one small way you can simplify your life today? Please share it in the comments!